Blogger Widgets

Tuesday 19 March 2013

AVOCADO CHICKEN PARMIGIANA

I am not a fan of avocado.  What about you?  I remember the first time I tasted avocado was many years ago, dining in an Indonesian Restaurant.  I can't remember who order me the Avocado Juice and one sip of it, eeeeweee, I don't think I like it and I swap the juice immediately with someone else.   Even when at later years, when my brother-in-law made sandwiches with avocado as part of the ingredients, I choose to opt that out.

But now as I have learned the nutrition goodness in avocado, so I got to appreciate this fruit.  

When Hui of Butterfly Waltz made this Avocado Chicken Parmigiana last February, I thought I should give it a try too for an easy way to prepare and cook for my lunch.


 AVOCADO CHICKEN PARMIGIANA 
 Recipe sourced from Hui of Butterfly Waltz & from Esther, The Fuss Free Chef 

Ingredients:
2 Chicken Drumstick (Boneless & Skinless), seasoned with salt & pepper
½ Cup Plain Flour
2 Tbsp Fresh Milk
1 Egg
1 ½ Cups Dried Breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
½ Cup Tomato Pasta Sauce
1 Avocado, Sliced
½ Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Salad Green & Cherry Tomato to serve

Line a baking tray with baking paper; brush the base with cooking oil.  Preheat the oven to 180 celcius.

Mix the beaten egg and milk in a shallow bowl.  Set aside.

Coat the chicken pieces with flour and shake off excess.  Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture and then coat it evenly with the breadcrumbs.

Arrange the meat in the dish, spray or brush the top evenly with cooking oil and bake in the oven for 15 - 20 min, or until the crumbs have turn a golden brown.  Turn the meat over halfway.  You might need to do this probably 2-3 times per side, each time at a shorter interval, depending on the thickness of the chicken meat.    

Once the chicken is just cooked through, spoon the tomato pasta sauce onto the chicken meat and smear evenly.  Arrange some slices of avocado on top, followed by a generous sprinkle of grated cheese. 

Bake for another 5 min until the cheese has melted and is starting to bubble and brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately with a side salad. 

This recipe also from Cuisine Paradise


 

                         I sprinkle some dried parsley on top; 10 minutes before took out
                         from oven.                                                   



                         A satisfying lunch....oh, of course together with a cup of tea too.







This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by


<

25 comments:

  1. I do love a good chicken Parma and yours looks great with the addition of avocados! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly
      This is a quick and easy meal to prepare. Avocados are great on the chicken.

      Delete
  2. Yum! What a delicious impressive lunch! I love avocado, and it looks super good with the chicken parmigiana.
    You could link your post to Little Thumbs Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce,
      Yep, I already link it to Little Thumbs Up! And this dish quick and easy to make chicken has my thumbs up too!

      Delete
  3. I'm No. 3 today! So have this dish changed your opinion abt avocado? Actually you can try to mash the avocado & mix with finely chopped hard boiled egg + good quality of mayoinaise + season with sea salt & cracked black pepper. Use it to make sandwich & it tastes awesome. I've seen some shops here even mixing the whole thing with curry powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie for your good recommendation. I shall try it next time round and I am sure it must be delicious! And I will have it spread it on to my sandwich.

      Delete
  4. Mel, your chicken parma looks great! Its a great idea to add the avocados, isnt it. Reminds me its time to make this again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Esther,
      Indeed, this is delicious and easy to make too. This recipe has totally made me change my view on avocados!

      Delete
  5. Looks delicious! Am going to try it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't this yummy, mel? you made this look so appetizing ^^ i'd sure love to have some right now! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wah.... This parmigiana is sooooo.... Yummy! I love avocado ...but don't appreciate avocado juice..maybe too thick and feel like drinking butter hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think last time I also dont like avocado, but now I like it. Too bad it's so expensive or else I would eat it more often. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mel! That's a very colourful dish! Avocado with chicken... sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mel,

    Have this dish change your mind about avocado? Will you like avocado after eating this?

    I have two avocado "chompers" at home and I have buy at least 2-3 avocado each week! Will need to buy more if I'm cooking this...

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the avocado and tomato combination. Looks so amazing, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mel, your chicken looks fantastic! I love avocados and I wonder the juice you had, did they put chocolate sauce? If they did not, then I can understand why you don't like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am not a big fan of avocado earlier but after i tasted a lot during my visit to Melbourne, now i start to appreciate them..and also remind me of the avocado chocolate drink in Bali, yum! this chicken with avocado sound very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love avocado!!! Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love avocado, especially in shakes. Sorry not a fan of parmigiana. Maybe it tastes better with avocado. Must try it. So did you like the avocado in this, Mel?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not a fan of avocado after knowing they packed quite some calories! but they are good fats so indulge once in a while is fine....I don't mind eating that chicken dish, looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love eating avocado in sandwiches and dishes like this, but I haven't tried drinking it. There's always other options available and somehow avocado - drink doesn't really attract me yet.

    Your avocado chicken parmigiana looks wonderful! I saw it at Ellena's blog a while ago and I remember I needed to give this a try. I made Chicken Parmisiana 2 weeks ago too. Next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like avocado, can eat avocado with bread as my main meal! this dish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh, i only started to eat avocado after i started blogging..and also love avocado milk shake, in wraps and sandwiches. The cheesy top and the avocado slices on the chicken do look very appealing, i think it's wonderful to go with the baked chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mel, like you I don't like avocado last time but now I am fan of avocado. Your avocado and cheesy topping make me drooling :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your parmigiana looks like a restaurant entree! Very appetising and inviting! I love avocado every way except as avocado shake or juice :P My favourite way is to eat it sliced with lemon juice and salt, or wasabi!

    ReplyDelete