Blogger Widgets

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Shepherd's Pie

Browsing at cookbooks, searching at blogs and sites, all Shepherd's Pie slight differs in the ingredients; and there's no rules how you should cook it and bake it.  Just go with your taste and liking whichever ingredients you wanted it in.

I grew up eating potatoes all the time so dishes with potatoes I definitely will go crazy about!



Ingredients
2 large Russet potatoes, peeled, boiled & mashed
30g butter
30ml milk
150g mince meat (beef or chicken or pork)
1 medium brown onion chopped finely
1 medium carrot chopped finely
1 small broccoli, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 can of Campbell Mushroom soup
150ml water
1.  Mashed the potatoes together with 30g butter and milk till well blended.  Set aside.

2.  Heat 1 tbsp oil  in frying pan; cook onion, mince meat, carrot and broccoli, stirring until tender.  Add in 
     the Worcestershire sauce, stirring, 2 minutes.  Stir in the Campbell mushroom soup and water.  Cook 
     till everything comes blended together for 5 minutes.  Dish up into a round or oval baking dish.  Spread
     over top with the mashed potato.

3. Bake the pie at a preheated oven 180C for 30 minutes or till the potato is bubbling and slightly browned.


    Both my sister and I enjoying this Shepherd's Pie so much as each scoop goes into our mouth, there
    will be a sound of "hmmm" and "oooh".  Delicious!


          Nothing left............

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do a shepherd's pie for quite a while.
    Try making your own bechamel sauce next time and I'm sure you'll like it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will make my own sauce next time. This was made in a jiffy as my sister coming over for lunch! So mushroom can soup is the fast way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, your pie looks so delicious.

    P/S: I'll let you know if I spotted the rice paper in JB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amelia! Hope we can get the rice paper in JB as I have a recipe to go for this rice paper roll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, Wendy is right, do your own bechamel sauce and you will not want to us the canned mushroom soup again. However, for a quicky mushroom soup is a good alternative. Your pie looks scrumptious and I am sure your sister had enjoyed the lunch. I would!

    ReplyDelete
  6. remind me i have so long did not prepare this for my kids. See your last photo, it know yours must be very good ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my friends who went to UK told me about this dish. I love potatoes so it was one of the food I wanted to make and forgot about it. Nothing left? Sounds like nice winter meal. Can't wait to try making it (finally)!

    ReplyDelete